Agenda Day 2
8:50 am - 9:00 am Opening Remarks from Chairperson
9:00 am - 9:40 am Deploying FPSOs in Marginal Fields – Past, Present and Future TrendsJon Fredrik Muller - Partner Rystad Energy
- Reviewing the number of FPSOs deployed in marginal fields within the last five years
- Analysing future trends of deploying FPSOs in marginal fields in the next 3 to 5 years
- Examining the case for deploying FPSOs in marginal fields and determining some of the considerations for field owners and operators
Jon Fredrik MullerPartner
9:40 am - 10:20 am Case-Study 1: MTC Ledang FPSO - Delivering An FPSO Conversion Project On Time And Within BudgetMohd Fauzi Ya’akob - Chief Executive Officer MTC GROUP
Mohd Roslan Daut - General Manager Development MTC GROUP
The Ophir oil field offshore Malaysia is being developed via three production wells, a well head platform (WHP) and floating production storage and offload (FPSO) vessel. Conversion works were done on the oil tanker, Puteri Bangsa, by Keppel Shipyard and the completed FPSO, MTC Ledang FPSO, will be contracted to be at the Ophir field for a period of three years, with a one-year extension option. The FPSO will have a small process facility module with capacity for 15,000 barrels of fluid per day and gas flaring and will be capable of storing up to 350,000 barrels of crude. It will be anchored to the seabed at the Ophir field and connected to the Ophir platform via a flexible 8” pipeline. In this session, vessel owner MTC Engineering will share its experience converting the FPSO and how it overcame all the challenges to deploy the project on time and within budget.
Mohd Fauzi Ya’akobChief Executive Officer
Mohd Roslan DautGeneral Manager Development
10:20 am - 10:40 am Speed Networking
This focused 20-minute activity will allow you to connect with other FPSO professionals in a brief, personal and structured format. Use this opportunity to make new contacts, exchange business cards and plan further conversations throughout the 2 days of the FPSO World Congress 2018 to maximise your networking opportunities, and have some fun while at it!
10:40 am - 11:10 am Morning Tea & Networking Break
11:10 am - 11:50 am Case-Study 2: Armada Kraken FPSO – Challenges Deploying an FPSO for Heavy Oil ProductionMichael Duddy - Vice-President, Fleet Asset Integrity Bumi Armada
The Armada Kraken FPSO, which is currently operating in the Kraken field in the UK North Sea, completed the offloading of its first cargo on 12 September 2017. This is Bumi Armada’s first foray into heavy oil production and has the largest liquid-handling capacity in its fleet at 460,000 barrels of liquid per day. In this session, vessel owner Bumi Armada will share the challenges it faced constructing the vessel, how it overcame tight deadlines and also key lessons learnt in project execution, maintenance and operations.
Michael DuddyVice-President, Fleet Asset Integrity
11:50 am - 12:30 pm How IoT will Transform Construction and Operation of FPSOsVincent Jacquement - Oil and Gas Digital Consulting Director Schneider Electric
As the industry responds to the disruption of 2014 and we are settling into the new norm of the $50 barrel price recovery, oil and gas production companies are embracing new FPSO greenfield projects and the operations of existing ones with a new mind-set to remain profitable.
Digital transformation has raised as a “new” creative solution to transform FPSO asset lifecycle, from engineering and design to operations and maintenance.
Industry figures show that only about 1% of data actually gets used. IIOT applied to the Digital FPSO overcomes the traditional approach to keeping operations silo`d and independent from each other, towards integration. Digitalization is enabling the capture and transfer of tribal knowledge and best practices from individuals to organizations to enable decision making.
During this session we will explore how a digital architecture enables transformation by unlocking data value – from Digital Twin to operations, asset management, predictive maintenance and 3d virtual technology training, analytics deliver measurable improvements that result in CapEx and OpEx savings.
Vincent JacquementOil and Gas Digital Consulting Director
12:30 pm - 1:00 pm Quick-Fire Session: Investing in FPSOs vs LNG and other renewable energy projects – What’s the market sentiment?Shiv Sivarajah - Director of Natural Resources ING Bank Asia
Siddharta Shrivastava - Head of Energy & Natural Resources Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp
Jon Fredrik Muller - Partner Rystad Energy
A group of experienced financiers will be on stage to kick-off a 20 mins discussion on whether the FPSO industry is still an attractive sector to invest in. During this session, delegates can post questions anonymously on a message board through the FPSO Network application. The financiers will then spend the next 40 mins answering these questions.
Shiv SivarajahDirector of Natural Resources
ING Bank Asia
Siddharta ShrivastavaHead of Energy & Natural Resources
Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp
Jon Fredrik MullerPartner
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Lunch & Networking Break
STREAM C FPSO Construction & Project Execution2:00 pm - 2:30 pm Reducing Costs and Improving Efficiency Through Adoption of Digital FPSO Solutions
- Identifying the drivers of digital solutions for FPSOs and determining the current level of adoption
- Examining the various possible implementation of Digital Solutions available for the FPSO industry
- Studying the impact of digital FPSO solutions on CAPEX and OPEX and how it can help prepare for market recovery
STREAM C FPSO Construction & Project Execution2:30 pm - 3:00 pm FLNG EPCIC Experiences following the past FPSO/Onshore LNG projects achievements Keiji Tanigawa - General Manager, Offshore Project Development Department, JGC CORPORATION
- Overview of JGC’s past FPSO EPCIC contract achievements
- Examining the similarities between FPSO and FLNG EPCIC job scope, requirements and expertise needed
- Case-study of an recently concluded FLNG EPC contract and how FPSO contractors and EPCs can tap on existing expertise
Keiji TanigawaGeneral Manager, Offshore Project Development Department,
STREAM D FPSO Operations, Asset Integrity and Decommissioning2:00 pm - 2:30 pm Next-Gen FPSOs: Incorporating a Sustainable Integrated Intelligence Operations (IIO) Framework for FPSOs David Hartell - Senior Development Manager Premier Oil
- Leveraging on IIO to improve the operational safety of FPSOs
- Examining the infrastructure needed to implement an IIO framework for an oil field
- Discussing the barriers that could hinder the implementation of a IIO framework and how to tackle them
David HartellSenior Development Manager
STREAM D FPSO Operations, Asset Integrity and Decommissioning2:30 pm - 3:00 pm Using Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to Enhance an FPSO Asset Integrity Programme
- Understanding the concept of RCA and how it can help to prevent failures and recurrence of problems in existing FPSO asset integrity management programme
- Incorporating RCA into an existing and new asset integrity programme for FPSOs
- Putting in place a competent and knowledgeable team with sufficient authority to investigate and affect changes in operational work-flow
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm Afternoon Tea & Networking Break
3:30 pm - 4:00 pm OnshoreMAX - Significantly Reducing CAPEX For FPSO/FLNG Project Through Topside Module Design And Dry Dock IntegrationLi Qiuzhe - Deputy General Manager Qingdao McDermott Wuchuan Offshore Engineering Co Ltd
- Understanding the new technology behind the OnshoreMAXSM solution and how it can significantly reduce CAPEX for FPSOs
- Exploring suitable ways to integrate the solution into FPSO commissioning and construction
- Examining how the integrated topside module design and dry dock integration can help reduce project execution costs and accelerate deployment time
Li QiuzheDeputy General Manager
Qingdao McDermott Wuchuan Offshore Engineering Co Ltd
4:00 pm - 4:30 pm Analysing the Impact of a Riser Tower System For an FPSOMarcelo Marques Nunes - Director of C.S Services OCYAN
- Understanding the concept of riser tower systems and its benefits to existing and future FPSO design
- Exploring the use of riser tower systems, its suitability for ultra-deepwater environment and its integration with field developments
- Examining the advantages of utilising Composite Multi-Bore Hybrid Riser (CMHR) and its impact on oil production
Marcelo Marques NunesDirector of C.S Services
3:30 pm - 4:00 pm Working Group Challenge: How Do You Increase Safety, Reduce Downtime and Lower Costs in FPSO Crew and Cargo Transfer?Sandra Antonovic - Chief Operating Officer Reflex Marine
- Reviewing the main focus in FPSO crew and cargo transfer
- Achieving increased safety and cost reductions
- Exploring practical case studies on safe transfer solutions in various weather conditions
Sandra AntonovicChief Operating Officer
4:00 pm - 4:30 pm Enhancing FPSO Productivity and Operational Efficiency in the Mid-Late Stage Life-CycleFlemming Grønnegaard - Chief Operations Officer Yinson Production
This session aims to explore practical strategies to improve production efficiency while protecting asset integrity and meeting ongoing compliance and process safety requirements. It will explore ways to lengthen maintenance intervals while extending asset life and reducing operating costs and how to maximize uptime while balancing productivity and efficiency. It also aims to identify some of the key challenges in maintaining a asset integrity framework for ageing and existing FPSOs and practical solutions without adverse impact on OPEX.
Flemming GrønnegaardChief Operations Officer
4:30 pm - 4:40 pm Intermission
4:40 pm - 5:20 pm Closing Plenary Session: Understanding the Key Takeaways from the FPSO World Congress—How will We Shape our Businesses for 2018 and Beyond?
- Understanding key takeaways from the FPSO World Congress 2018
- Ensuring business sustainability in the next 3 years as more FPSO projects get tendered
- Implementing strategies to reduce upfront costs and increase FPSO productivity
- Innovating as an industry to apply new technologies that can radically improve FPSO productivity and reduce costs